I don’t have a green thumb. And I would say that I wish it were different, but I hate gardening (something about the wet dirt, the worms and grubs, and the fact that it’s hard). I do, however, love to reap the benefits of gardening. That’s why I signed us up for a CSA share and dutifully eat mountains of arugula every week. Aside from the eating, I love the way a gorgeous garden looks. I spend many mornings with my cup of coffee, looking longingly over at our neighbors’ lovingly tended plots. When we own a house again, I hope to have a plot of our own. Lucky for me, I married a man who is secretly a farmer at heart, and will try and grow things anywhere he can, even in the tiny strip of dirt on the side of the house next to our busy street. I spotted these lovely purply plants (blue and purple flossflowers, turns out!) at our local Agway and couldn’t wait for T to put them in the ground for me. I might remember to water them.
- What should I look for in a web design company for my upcoming project? #CreateUpstate 2 months ago
- @SenJohnMcCain Please vote NO on DeVos. She is bad for public education. #StopDeVos 5 months ago
- RT @jkbibliophile: It's a Happy Thanksgiveaway!!! RT by 11/28 to win this ARC of my Aladdin retelling, #TheForbiddenWish! https://t.co/L1WW… 1 year ago
- .@SenGillibrand, @SenSchumer please vote to #StopCISA—this bill is bad for cybersecurity and human rights. decidethefuture.org 1 year ago
- Librarians take over the coffee shop. instagr.am/p/K7qB1spRw3/ 5 years ago